Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 20, 250309

Not updated for a while; bad me. So, what's going on?

A fortnight ago I started on #41 (grow tomatoes & chillies) and #52 (grow herbs), by getting a propagator and sorting through my seed packs to see just what stuff I had. I noticed the other morning that they'd mostly germinated:
Day 20
Click for bigness

Unfortunately, because I got sidetracked writing out the labels I can't remember what was what. I know the tomatoes are at one end and the parsley at the other (chillies next to that) but I can't quite remember the order the oregano and basil went. I'll find out soon enough, I suspect.

My experiments in pasta making have gone well. Making beetroot pasta (#36) hasn't happened yet, but I've been making some lovely ravioli filled with interesting things. Pasta dough is really odd stuff, certainly the wierdest dough I've ever made, and adding beetroot to it might make it a bit more peculiar than I'd like. Still, all I can do is experiment.

The Telly Task (#7) is apparently happening next week, although I don't know what day. Knowing my luck it'll be on April 1st, but we'll see. Having watched some of the programmes so far in the series I'm a bit twitchy about the whole thing, not least because this week it was also picked up by Harry Hill. The programme is Taste The Nation, in case I'd not already mentioned that.

Exposure Leeds is also next week (#85). Yours Truly has been roped into doing a 45min session on exposure, as in shutter speeds and f-numbers. Come along, and mock. Bring a camera. Seriously, it should be fun, and I have a practical demo lined up for people to do. Well, sort-of. That's April 1st. No, this also isn't a joke.

So, current states:
Currently running habitual tasks: #3 (20/365), #13, #26, #66 (9/250), #85 (1/4), #87, #88
Currently running exploratory tasks: #38 (1/18)
Currently running growing tasks: #41, #52
Completed: 2
Remaining: 99

No comments:

Post a Comment