Friday, March 6, 2009

#28

Task: Get up on stage at a comedy open mic event.

What my spreadsheet says: I have to lay the shadow of Newcastle to rest. This will probably involve writing new material, despite more people knowing what bukkake is thanks to BBC3.

More Details: Newcastle was a disaster, I think it's safe to say. As part of So You Think You're Funny? in 2002 I went up on stage at a comedy club in Newcastle and died on my feet. I forgot my material, made a few people laugh (but not many) and jumped on my own cue line. The light was right in my face and I wasn't comfortable taking the mic off the stand and wandering about. And, at the time, very few people knew what bukkake was. Now, one joke involved people not going onto Google at work and looking it up, so I really hope some of those miserable sods did so the following Monday and spent the rest of the week looking for brainscrubbers.

One off task? Yes.

Measurable? Yes, by doing it and blogging about the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment