Sunday, March 8, 2009

#73

Task: Visit every Farmer's Market within an hour's drive away.

What my spreadsheet says: There's only 38 FMs in Yorkshire according to LocalFoodAdvisor, but some of them are far too far away. An hour by Google Maps lets me have everything within a 40 mile radius of Leeds, and that's quite a lot, although I still need to work out which ones are appropriate.

More Details: I approve of the theory of Farmer's Markets, but they sometimes fail to live up to the hype. Leeds is especially guilty of this (which is why I feel no guilt about planning #12). Local Food Advisor (useful resource) tells me there are 38Fms in Yorkshire, but Cleethorpes and Middlesborough are a bit too far to go on a Sunday morning. A 40 mile radius lets me have Settle and Grassington, and we'll see about the other, more hidden ones as well.

One off task? No.

Measurable? Yes, by going and writing trip reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment