Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The list.

This is the list so far. It's not complete, and I'll be going back and editing this post when I have the detailed entry that goes with each item posted up (each item on the list should have a "details" link after it that explains what's been going on and shows progress, if any).

I've not ordered the list in any way, either. That may change.

No Title
1 Create and use a blog about doing a 101 challenge.
2 Finish writing Silver
3 Take a photograph every day for a year (or 365 consecutive days)
4 Walk (at least) 40 miles a week for 52 weeks
5 Find out my grid square
6 (as part of 5) Thoroughly investigate my grid square
7 Appear on Telly
8 Learn how to make chocolates
9 Make jam from foraged fruit.
10 Visit a foreign country.
11 Knit a hat.
12 Have a stall at a farmer's market
13 Tell someone I love them every day.
14 Visit an English Vineyard
15 Eat at a Michelin starred restaurant.
16 Join the Leeds Civic Trust
17 Visit every library with an LS postcode
18 Sign up with a dentist
19 Draw at least 20 diary-type comic strips.
20 Volunteer for something
21 Tick off 20 National Trust Properties from the Handbook.
22 Visit Roundhay Park
23 (as part of 22) Visit Tropical World
24 Get a photo published in a magazine
25 Take a portrait photograph of as many people as I can.
26 Eat more fruit
27 Attend a bookcrossing meeting.
28 Get up on stage at a comedy open mic event.
29 See as many original Atkinson Grimshaw paintings as I can.
30 See a performance at the Sage.
31 Get a backstage tour at the YEP.
32 Go to mass.
33 Take a meditation class.
34 Visit my lil baby sister.
35 Make a souffle.
36 Make beetroot pasta that looks and tastes fantastic.
37 Wordle the blog posts I make about this at least once every 30 days.
38 Go for a swim in every municipal pool with an LS postcode.
39 Take a cutting from perdu's rose.
40 Grow my own spuds.
41 Grow my own tomatoes and chilies.
42 Go on a beekeeping course.
43 Go for seven consecutive days without spending any money.
44 Run 5K
45 In order to carry out 44: engage in a relatively sensible training schedule.
46 Go for a dip at White Wells
47 Plant a tree.
48 Try to register for blood donation.
49 Play poker for money
50 Brew my own ginger beer
51 Learn to play a particular piece of music on a new instrument.
52 Grow my own herbs
53 Have a SCUBA lesson.
54 Watch "It's a Wonderful Life" all the way through.
55 Read "Poetry for Dummies"
56 Get gently squiffy with as many of my friends as I can at the same time.
57 Visit every public museum with an LS postcode.
58 Write articles for T&C
59 Design and make a piece of jewellery for my Mother.
60 Give 50 books to charity shops.
61 Redecorate the landing.
62 Read Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle from start to finish.
63 Climb the bell tower at Leeds Town Hall.
64 Fit loft insulation.
65 Make a will.
66 Take my own lunch to work at least 250 times over the 1001 days.
67 Write letters to friends and family instead of emailing them.
68 Give archery a try.
69 Visit a gun club.
70 Attend Classical Fantasia with a picnic.
71 Turn my handwriting into a font.
72 Send something to Postsecret.
73 Visit each farmer's market within an hour's drive.
74 Convince someone else to give this madness a try.

Obv, 75-101 are missing. That's 27 more things I need to think up.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant idea!

    Could we help you out with number 10 (please, please, please come visit) we can even roll in number 15 at a local restaurant. At a push we will sit through a Wonderful Life with you as well, we have it on DVD but it is really better suited to mulled wine and grey skies.

    I had great success in 2007 with number 40 with spuds from Lidl (they don't spray them with preservatives making them ideal for seeding). I plonked five into the biggest container I could find on the terrace on about 3 inches of soil in October. Topped up the soil every time a green shoot appeared and we ate the produce, roasted on Christmas day. It is still one of my proudest acheivements. I believe they grow well in Garden Sacks as well.

    ReplyDelete